products / FROZEN PRODUCT / Steam pressure peeling machine
Steam pressure peeling machine
Principale of steam pressure peeling made by Boema S.p.A.
Boema S.p.A. manufactures steam peeling machines that work in batch according to a cycle, that can be subdivided into:
1) PRODUCT LOADING: the product, previously loaded into the upper hopper (that can be provided with own loading cells to uniform the batch), is transferred to the peeling tank, in which the inner basket rotates to facilitate the correct distribution of the product inside it.
2) AIR EXPULSION: the injection of steam begins when the loading is ending and it is made through an injector on the bottom of the container same. Thanks to the continuous rotation of the inner basket, this phase is really quick (it lasts few seconds), and furthermore the continuous moving of the product ensures that there are no areas in which the steam concentrates and avoids also the formation of air bubbles that could be trapped inside the container.
3) CONTAINER CLOSING AND STEAM ADMISSION: once the safety door has been closed, the container rotates into horizontal position; in the meanwhile, the steam admission begins by the main feeding manifold placed inside the rotation support of the container. The inner basket begins to rotate favouring the homogeneous distribution of the steam in the product and in the meanwhile begins the loading of the upper hopper for the following cycle.
4) PEELING AND PREPARATION OF THE FOLLOWING CYCLE: once the wanted peeling pressure has been reached and kept for the pre-set resting time, the peeling takes place thanks to the sudden depressurisation of the container, that causes the burst of the peel. Also during this whole phase, the inner basket continues rotating, both facilitating the detachment of the whole peel and avoiding that parts of product remain plunged into the condensates on the bottom of the container, thus annulling the effect of the depressurisation on the product. In the meanwhile, the upper hopper is ready for the following cycle.
5) CONDENSATE, PEELS AND INNER PRESSURE DISCHARGE: thanks to the possibility to turn the whole container of the steam pressure peeling machine mod. SPB, the discharge phase is facilitated: at first the container rotates slightly upwards to facilitate the discharge of condensates and peels on the bottom, then it turns downwards for product discharge.
6) PRODUCT DISCHARGE: the product discharge is speeded up by the continuous rotation of the inner basket. Once it is ended, the basket rotates again upwards to reach the loading position of the following peeling cycle.
The duration of some phases can be pre-set on the PLC.
The system of the rotating basket inside the peeling machine has many advantages, among which we can list:
- optimal steam circulation and penetration into the mass of product contained in the basket;
- the interspace between the basket and the wall of the basket facilitates the diffusion of the steam that takes less time to reach and heat all the product;
- the basket rotation moves the product further facilitating steam action;
- optimal drainage of the condensates: the product to be peeled is never plunged into the condensates, thus facilitating the thermal exchange with the steam and increasing heating speed;
- both basket rotation and interspace facilitate the steam discharge;
- in this way, the sudden pressure drop needed for the “explosive” skin detachment is increased.
Why should I choose a Boema steam pressure peeling machine?
The strengths of Boema steam pressure peeling machine mod. SPB are the following:
1) CONSUMPTIONS EFFICIENCY: thanks to the better diffusion of steam, penetrating around the whole product, the steam pressure peeling machines Boema grant the same peeling yields, even if working with steam pressures that are lower than any other peeling machine.
2) YIELD QUALITY: thanks to the inner rotating basket, the steam diffusion is improved, avoiding that the product remains gathered, facilitating its complete and uniform peeling inside the container.
3) RELIABILITY: Boema steam pressure peeling machines mod. SPB are manufactured in series, following projects tested by years of experience for all the applications and submitted to really high workloads.